Morning all - happy Friday!
I don't know about you, but when I get that Friday feeing I am taken back to the old Crunchie adverts, and instantly have a hankering for some chocolate smothered crumbly honey delight. One thing I have learned though is that it's cheaper (in the end), tastier, and without doubt more fun to make your own.
So as a treat for you all, here is the recipe I use for honeycomb...
When you try it, do please share photos with us all on our facebook page
You will need:
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
You will need to:
- Put the sugar and syrup into a saucepan and heat on a low heat. DO NOT STIR!
- Let the mixture melt and turn goo-like. It will then start to bubble and darken after about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, whisk in the bicarbonate of soda and be prepared for the syrup to suddenly turn into a huge rising cloud of magic.
- Pour this immediately onto a piece of greased foil.
- Leave until set and then smash it, making sure you keep some large chunks amongst all the little rubble like gems .
For a real treat:
Substitute one of the tablespoons of golden syrup for honey. Yum.